What is a cookie?
According to Wikipedia:
A cookie, also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while the user is browsing that website. Every time the user loads the website, the browser sends the cookie back to the server to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.”
How to disable cookies
To opt out of using cookies at ludamanuals.com, change the cookie settings in your web browser. Usually it is possible to either disable cookies completely, or just for specific sites/domains.
Here are links to help on how to disable cookies in the most common web browsers:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Chrome on desktop: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Chrome on mobile: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
- Safari on desktop: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214
- Safari on mobile: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1677